If you are looking to perform better in the gym, change your body composition, improve your energy or just feel more awesome, then this is for you!
It’s simple: participating athletes will pledge to eat a Paleo (aka real food) diet for 45 days. The specifics:
- When: January 3, 2013 to February 16, 2013
- Before the challenge:
- Register via the sign-up sheet in the gym—deadline is December 22
- Take “before” photos and record starting weight at MPH
- Begin familiarizing yourself with Paleo nutrition concepts (online resources)
- During the challenge:
- Your name will be displayed on a chart in the front of the gym, which will be marked daily—this will help maintain accountability for your nutritional choices, thereby increasing your rate of success (mandatory)
- If you would like further support, you may join our athlete-run Paleo Eaters Anonymous blog (optional)
- After the challenge:
- Take “after” photos and record finishing weight at MPH
- Special considerations for the challenge (hey, we make the rules!):
- Protein shakes are valid (except vegetarian varieties like rice, hemp and other such grossness)
- Coffee and tea can be included, albeit not in egregious quantities
- Three servings of alcohol will be permitted per week; includes wine, hard liquor or beer, but not mixed drinks
- “Paleo treats” are not (ever!) okay; includes muffins, breads, “cereals” and other items loaded with agave, honey, and nut and coconut fats
Let’s go Paleo for the New Year!
30x overhead squat @ 95/65-lbs.
20x overhead squat