MPH Teens: Building Foundations For Athletic Performance
Sports typically focus on specificity during practice sessions (learning how to pitch a baseball, for example), but building a solid foundation in functional movements is often missed or undertrained. This deficiency is addressed with CrossFit, or general physical preparedness training. With appropriate CrossFit instruction and progression, and a focus on developing strength through all functional ranges of motion, young athletes have the opportunity to not only improve sport performance, but also to reduce the risk of sports injuries.
- Teach correct mechanics in basic bodyweight gymnastics (squats, pull-ups, pushups, ring support holds, etc)
- Learn proper, safe mechanics of functional weight training movements (squats, presses, pulls) with dumbbells, barbells, and odd objects
- Begin CrossFit conditioning using the above movements, as well as monostructural elements (running, rowing, jump rope)
- 4-4:50pm, Mondays and Thursdays
- Winter Session 2018: 1/8, 1/11, 1/15, 1/18, 1/22, 1/25, 1/29, 2/1, 2/5, 2/8, 2/12, 2/15 (register HERE)
- $239, limited to seven participants, ages 14-17
- Parents are welcome to watch!