CrossFit Level 2 Instructor/Trainer
- CrossFit Level 2 Instructor/Trainer
- CrossFit Level 1 Instructor/Trainer
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Specialist
- CrossFit Specialty Credentials:
- CrossFit Gymnastics Instructor/Trainer
- USA Weightlifting, Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies (Wellesley College)
- Artium Magsiter in Middle Eastern Studies (Harvard University)
- Master of Arts in Security Studies (Georgetown University)
As a college athlete, playing field hockey and lacrosse at Division 3 Wellesley College, I was always used to having a coach and a team to guide me in my athletic pursuits. When I graduated in 2004, I found myself for the first time without either of these guideposts. After a series of attempts to motivate myself to work out at “regular” gyms, I found myself out of shape, overweight, and unhealthy. Six years after leaving behind my collegiate teams and coaches, I walked into CrossFit MPH for a free beginners’ class and my life has never been the same.
Upon joining MPH, I immersed myself in the program and the community, thrilled to find a new team and new coaches to guide me. I quickly found myself transformed from an out of shape and unhealthy former athlete into a CrossFit athlete that was stronger, better, and faster than I had ever been in college. Embracing CrossFit and the Paleo diet helped me to shed the extra pounds I gained after college and struggled unsuccessfully to lose for years, and to feel healthier and more energized. CrossFit and MPH have not only helped me to become a better athlete, but also to be better in my personal and professional life, and also to be a happier, more well-rounded human being.
My journey as a coach at MPH has very much mirrored my experiences as an athlete. I have enjoyed learning the ins and outs of being a good coach from Melody and Rebekka, and more than anything, have enjoyed experiencing the MPH community from another angle. There is nothing more fun and rewarding than helping other MPH athletes to reach their goals, and to do things they never thought they could accomplish. I love every minute that I get to spend with the MPH community.