Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday, April 6, 2012

Picture re-post from February 5, 2009.

Today, the MPH community says goodbye to Jeff W., as he heads to Delaware to pursue his next great culinary experience. Jeff has been with us since our “Globo Gym” days, and his workout—this workout—opened our facility almost three years ago. As we said then, Jeff’s work ethic, consistency and community orientation is second to none.

Safe travels, and good luck in Delaware!

–Melody, Rebekka and John

JW
for time:
50x ring dip
25x squat clean @ 95/65-lbs.
50x pull-up
25x push jerk @ 95/65-lbs.
50x pushup

Compare results to July 27, 2009.

1. Teal | April 5, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Jeff, you’ll be missed! Best of luck in your new adventure!

Teal B.

2. Ted | April 6, 2012 at 9:24 am

Jeff – what a shock – you’ve been a stalwart. At Globo, still relatively new to all this, I was doing a WOD on my own (4x 200m run, 50 squats) and a guy on the TM behind me actually got off, took his earbuds out, stopped me in my tracks/squats and announced that whatever it was That I was doing was stupid-looking and distracting – he couldn’t follow the TV monitor, I was ruining his workout (my clock kept running during his tirade), etc.. I felt old, wounded, foolish, angry – when I slunk off to the locker room, wanting to cry and pick a fight at the same time, you were there. I told you what happened and you listened carefully and with concern, then declared, “let’s go challenge him to Fran!” It was the perfect thing to say and it’s always been a reminder to me of what is so special about you and our community. You epitomize loyalty, dedication, kindness and plain hard work. It has been a pleasure being a part of the MPH saga with you. I’ll miss you so much, and I’m sorry I’m not there to participate in your valedictory WOD. Congratulations on your new opportunity – I hope you flourish and in doing so remember that you have the support of this community.

3. BrianT | April 6, 2012 at 9:57 am

Jeff: I need a nap after your workout. We’ll miss you! Good luck. Come back and see us….

Cheers,

Brian

4. jwood30 | April 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

MPH has been more than just another gym to me. It has been like a second home. Saying goodbye is extremely difficult. The coaches helped to reshape my views on physical fitness. If it were not for them I’d probably still be wandering around the “globo” trying to make my arms bigger. I could barely do an air squat when I first met Melody and required a lot of work. The coaches displayed quite a bit of patience. Once I figured out that crossfit was for me their was no going back. I am by no means a naturally athletic person, but I am stubborn and hate failure.

As I said, MPH has been like a second home. I have met so many wonderful people and made many friends in my time as an MPH athlete. It has been awesome to see all of my fellow athletes progress and reach new levels of physical fitness. Cheering you on and being cheered on by all of you has been great. It’s crazy to think that their was 30 of us in the beginning and now there’s over 100! I wish you all the best.

• alissa g. | April 6, 2012 at 11:56 am

Jeff–best of luck on your new job in Delaware–you will definitely be missed at MPH! You have such a positive attitude and always give it 100% (and then some) on every workout! I am constantly impressed by your work ethic and determination. The best example I can think of is seeing you right back in the gym a day or so after running the Marine Corps marathon and killing it in the WOD! Best of luck!

5. sidc | April 6, 2012 at 11:08 am

Jeff, I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving MPH. You have been such a constant and consistently pleasant presence at MPH, always cheering on and encouraging your fellow athletes. To me you have been an example that determination and attitude can accomplish so much- I’m thinking of the two Marathons!! you’ve completed. I will miss seeing you arrive 20 minutes early for the 8:00am class and cheering on the 7am during the last minutes of a workout. I wish you nothing but the best in Delaware, I hope your new job is everything that you want it to be.

6. Mrs. F | April 6, 2012 at 11:17 am

Jeff, you are without a doubt the most determined person I have ever met. (I second Sid’s comment about 2 marathons! Yikes!) You will be missed, of course, but this is not goodbye. This is another reason to go to the beach! Besides, no one ever *really* leaves MPH- we’re family for life!

7. coach | April 6, 2012 at 11:45 am

Jeff,

It was hard saying goodbye to you this morning—I really didn’t want to do it, and it made me so sad to do so, because I feel like we are losing such a great athlete, teammate, and person. Everyone has said it already, but it is worth saying again: your dedication and loyalty to our community are second to none. We could measure time by your consistency in the three years since we opened our doors.

I know that you will bring these qualities to whatever new gym you join in Delaware—I wish you the best of luck in your new life there! I also hope that you visit DC often, because still, I do not want to say goodbye. Remember, it’s only a three-hour drive…

Melody

8. alissa g. | April 6, 2012 at 11:59 am

@Crossfit Reebok One (thanks to my cousin for getting to drop in there today!)

Snatch–I worked up to 90 and did about 4-5 singles there.

Then kipping pullup practice and a couple of prowler pushes.

9. cjsiegel | April 6, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Jeff,

It’s been great working out with you. I’ll certainly miss your kind and encouraging spirit. Good luck in your new endeavors. We’ll miss you!

Christine and David

10. campbell | April 6, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Jeff, it was a pleasure to be able to do your workout with you this morning! You were one of the first faces I remember from my early days at MPH, and I am always taken aback by your genuine kindness and dedication. Your smile and hard work will be missed.

Campbell

11. jimc2 | April 6, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Jim C. @ Xfit BNI Tampa

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Deadlift @ 225lbs
    24″ box jump
    HSPU

15:07

12. b-kay | April 6, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Brian T.: 23:57
    Borja G.: 22:45 (sub: 1/2x ring dip)
    Derek B.: 18:00 (sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, red)
    Steve M.: 22:22 (85-lbs.; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x pul-up)
    Jon H.: 24:08 (75-lbs.; sub: 1/2x ring dip, 7/10x pull-up)
    Christine S.: 21:10 (55-lbs.; sub: 1/2x ring dip)
    Jen O.: 23:10 (55-lbs.; sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, green, 1/2x pushup)
    Matthew W.: 15:49 (55-lb. db; sub: 800m run, single-arm squat clean, 800m run, single-arm push jerk, 800m run)
    Aaron B.: 20:53 (65-lbs.; sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, push press)
    Ben H.: 14:19 (35-lb. dbs; sub: 1/2x pushup, single-arm power clean, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, single-arm push press, 1/2x pushup)
    Robert W.: 17:04 (30-lb. dbs; sub: 1/2x static dip, hang power clean, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, push press)
    Laurie W.: 23:14 (20-lb. dbs; sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, 1/2x pushup)
    Matthew C.: 18:31 (75-lbs; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x pull-up)
    Peter H.: 14:36 (65-lbs.; sub: 1/2x ring dip, power clean, 1/2x pullup, push press)
    Kaisa A.: 18:20 (55-lbs.; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x pull-up)
    Holmes H.: 16:41 (65-lbs.; sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, red, 1/2x pushup)
    Set S.: 23:10 (50-lbs.; sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, green, 1/2x pushup)
    Cristian D.: 20:41 (75-lbs.; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x pull-up)
    Shawn C.: 20:06 (65-lbs.; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, push press)
    Kirsten P.: 15:11 (55-lbs.; sub: 1/2x pushup, power clean, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, push press, 1/2x pushup)
    Joe T.: 11:06 (20-lb. dbs; sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x strict bodyrow, push press, 1/2x pushup)
    Julie G.: 20:16 (45-lbs.; sub: 1/2x pushup, power clean, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, push press, 1/2x pushup)
    Bill G.: 19:14 (sub: power clean)
    Joe P.: 18:44 (sub: 1/2x ring dip)
    Jeff W.: 26:23 (sub: 3/10x ring dip)
    David S.: 22:08
    James H.: 23:22 (85-lbs.; sub: 1/2x ring dip)
    Ty C.: 22:18 (65-lbs.; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x pull-up)
    Ivy F.: 20:51 (sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, red, 1/2x pushup)
    Campbell R.: 21:02 (60-lbs.; sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, green, 1/2x pushup)
    Jason C.: 21:43 (75-lbs.)
    Joe K.: 24:18 (75-lbs.; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x pull-up)
    Erez Y.: 21:12 (55-lb. db; sub: 800m run, strict bodyrow, 800m run)
    Lisa C.: 17:06 (30-lb. db.; sub: 400m run, single-arm squat clean, 400m run, single-arm push press, 400m run)
    Andrew R.: 20:46
    Dave R.: 19:24
    Steve D.: 22:11 (sub: 1/2x ring dip)
    Travis O.: 21:52 (sub: 1/2x pushup, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue, 1/2x pushup)
    Mark Co.: 22:00 (85-lbs.; sub: 1/2x ring dip)
    Sean F.: 24:24 (85-lbs.)
    Thomas M.: 19:19 (75-lbs.; sub: 1/2x ring dip)
    Leota T.: 22:00 (55-lbs.; sub: 1/2x static dip, 1/2x pull-up)
    Josh M.: 15:50 (55-lb. db; sub: 800m run, single-arm squat clean, 800m run, single-arm push jerk, 800m run)
    Chris C.: 14:50 (55-lb. db; sub: 800m run, single-arm squat clean, 800m run, single-arm push jerk, 800m run)
    Bill M.: 19:22 (55-lbs.; ; sub: 1/2x pushup, power clean, 1/2x jump-stretch strict pull-up, red, 1/2x pushup)
    Joseph P.: 16:11 (sub: 1/2x static dip, squat, 1/2x pull-up, lunge)

13. jwood30 | April 7, 2012 at 11:13 am