Thursday, January 22, 2009

1. demonbowler | January 22, 2009 at 7:50 am

19:37, performed in hotel room. Could not get access to hotel treadmill, added a minute to my 5K mile split from Tuesday, divided by 4, and ran back and forth in my hotel room, hallway for 2:15 for each 400 m segment; box jumps on desk chair. Ted

2. daviesag | January 22, 2009 at 9:03 am

I think Ted deserves kudos for being creative and dedicated. I hope you get back to town soon so you can use proper equipment!!

Amy

3. coach | January 22, 2009 at 10:26 am

Kudos, Ted. That is dedicated–I am proud.

-Melody

4. coach | January 22, 2009 at 11:10 am

Agreed–brilliant work, Ted. The next time anyone feels they have an adequate excuse to skip a workout, come back and read Ted’s post today.

The only thing that could make this account better, Ted, is if you performed your box jumps on the hotel bed. Now, that would be a good time.

Cari and Wanda, you’re both traveling this week. Let’s see a posted result today. Brent, Neil, Jen M., Debbie—you’ve been gone too. Let’s also have a post.

5. coach | January 22, 2009 at 12:21 pm

You can round-up to 20 inches, Jeff. Don’t worry.

Mel–give the poor guy a break. I can’t believe you broke out the tape measure. Actually, that’s good work. I think I’m wearing off on you.

6. capitalpressure | January 22, 2009 at 12:10 pm

I do not know if I can compete Ted. My time was 27:17. I warmed up with squat jumps and jumping jacks. Jeff W.

7. capitalpressure | January 22, 2009 at 12:14 pm

My box jump platform was only 19 and a half inches high. Melody measured it. Jeff W.

8. coach | January 22, 2009 at 2:06 pm

I also ate a whole pizza for my cheat meal last night. You are definitely wearing off on me.

Melody

9. coach | January 22, 2009 at 2:13 pm

David C.: 27:27 (sub: step-up)
    Borja G.: 16:00
    Kim H.: 28:39 (sub: step-up; did not complete last 400m run)
    John S.: 18:21
    Amy D.: 16:28

10. naustriaco | January 22, 2009 at 1:29 pm

20 Min, I added another 400m between the 20 and 30 reps. – Neil

11. demonbowler | January 23, 2009 at 8:15 am

John – the desk chair comes up to my knee, the bed comes way up to my upper thigh. If I had tried the WOD using the bed, the folks below me in #1420 would had the mistaken impression that I was having way more fun than I actually am having at this conference.

Ted

12. themunchkin25 | January 26, 2009 at 12:03 am

Completed on 01/25/09
    22:15 (probably should not have attempted to run however clarendon golds apparently does not have a rowing machine)