Monday, April 6, 2009

1. mikeheartsoverheadsquat | April 6, 2009 at 10:12 am

The best part about this blog is the green catch phrase at the top left corner. Who comes up with these? How often are they changed? Truly, I am impressed by John and Mel’s seemingly inexhaustible supply of wit.

Anyway, here’s my submission:

“MPH: It’s always on like Donkey Kong.”

2. coach | April 6, 2009 at 11:16 am

Kris C.: 36:06 (45-lbs.; sub: 1x strict bodyrow)
    David C.: 28:06 (pvc; sub: jump pull-up)
    Mike S.: 25:41
    Ted K.: 29:11 (55-lbs.; sub: strict pull-up)
    Joe P.: 36:59 (sub: jump/kip pull-up)
    John S.: 39:51 (75-lbs.; sub: “N” pull-up)
    Roselena R.: 32:30 (55-lbs.; sub: jump pull-up)
    Cari D.: 19:38 (pvc; sub: 2x jump-stretch pull-up)
    Jen M.: 26:23 (45-lbs.; sub: 2x jump-stretch pull-up)
    Melody: 22:10
    Borja G.: 24:14 (75-lbs.; sub: strict pull-up)
    Wanda K.: 20:26 (pvc; sub: 2x jump-stretch pull-up)

3. capitalpressure | April 6, 2009 at 3:48 pm

36:53 I was not achieving enough depth on my squats. Jeff W

4. 260 burpee debt | April 6, 2009 at 5:12 pm

For me, I think I started to do workouts constistently as Rx’d after about 1 year with John. Incidentally, it was also at that point when I got serious about my diet (to be clear, it took me a year to make the difficult changes to my eating habits), and it was also at that time when I ramped up to about 5-6 workouts a week (I was at 3-4 days for the first year).

5. 260 burpee debt | April 6, 2009 at 5:13 pm

…although the new screenname is probably clear, fyi it’s Mike.

6. coach | April 6, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Mike,

It’s 260 for today and you still owe me 50 for last Wednesday. That’s 310, kid.

Don’t forget we have your workout on the track this weekend. I’d hate to see you burpee-burn-out before then–especially since we’re getting it on video.

If you break 15 minutes on Saturday/Sunday, I’ll make your burpee debt go away.

7. sub-15 "Mike" | April 6, 2009 at 6:29 pm

It’s a deal.

8. ashacooper | April 6, 2009 at 8:53 pm

I did bodyrows and pushups instead for 20 minutes. For the pushups, I used the bar mostly. Tried to use the bench, but only made it through about 15 there.