Thursday, June 11, 2009

1. mworden | June 10, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I’m watching this show on TLC. It’s pretty crazy. I think it repeats tonight (Wednesday night) at 11:00.

2. daviesag | June 11, 2009 at 7:57 am

So who was late?

• coach | June 11, 2009 at 9:57 am

We decided to work away at Mike’s and Mead’s burpees. It’s a team effort. By day’s end, we should be close if we add them all up.

• mikeheartspullups | June 11, 2009 at 10:33 am

I don’t need any help with my burpees. There are other ways to reduce them.

3. coach | June 11, 2009 at 9:03 am

Jessica H.: 15:09
    Jenn J.: 29:05
    Amy D.: 12:01
    Lisa C.: 15:05
    Roselena R.: 24:44

• coach | June 11, 2009 at 9:56 am

Congratulations are (so far) in order for Jessica, our newest athlete.

Today was Jessica’s second workout post movement instruction, which she promptly destroyed. Her first 50 burpees were complete in 3:45, without one break to rest. She was at 100 before the 9:30 mark. All of this occurred despite double-jumping every repetition (we’re still working on timing). She would have beat the boys too were it not for that.

Great job, Jess.

• baykay | June 11, 2009 at 10:17 am

Wow! Awesome job, Jess. Good to have you on the team.

• sub10fran | June 11, 2009 at 11:04 am

Jess and I did the workout at the same time and she was really impressive, particularly for just her second WOD. The first 50 unbroken was absurd. She and I were within 8 or so burpees right up until the end, and that totally helped keep me moving.

Great job Jess.

John S.

• operationyetifit | June 11, 2009 at 11:14 am

nicely done jess.

e-high five!

• Ted | June 11, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Great job, Jess – you must be a natural at double-unders

4. serenawannabe | June 11, 2009 at 9:30 am

Burpees are not my friend…

5. mikeheartspullups | June 11, 2009 at 10:31 am

Jess, that is VERY fast. Nice work!

6. jess80 | June 11, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Thanks so much, all! It definitely helped to have a little friendly competition going with John. Plus, Mel’s comments to “stop looking at the floor and get on it” were brutally motivating.

7. ashacooper | June 11, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Welcome and congratulations, Jessica!

8. roselenaramirez1 | June 11, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Jessica, Ted, Joe, Lisa, Mayra!! congrats..! I am jealous of those who can do burpees fast and nice… I just suck in that.. But you guys have to know that Amy not only did 150 burpees in 12:01 minutes… When I was struggling with mine, she just jump and start to do the last 25 or so with me!!! five by five, showing me the better way to move and crank those and difficult lasts… She motived me to finish this… Other way I will be earning a big DNF! I just want to thank Amy, thousand of times… You were my inspiration! Thanks…

9. train2live | June 12, 2009 at 6:47 am

Wow! Great job everyone.

Jess, very impressive! nice work.
    I wish I could say my time was as good as your time but it was not. I did them in 18:00:69. For me that is just pathetic. I really needed a little friendly competition to keep me going.

Next time I am going to remember Mel’s quote “Stop looking at the floor and get on it” Nice!

702

• coach | June 12, 2009 at 8:56 am

Welcome back to the fray, 702. We missed you.