Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday, June 21, 2009

***Important Announcement***
Folks, we have two remarkable pieces of news to share with you today. First, as many of you know, John passed CrossFit’s Level 2 Certification crucible last week. Second, we are finalizing details on getting a new home. That’s right: we are (really, really) excited to announce that on August 1, 2009, our small group and personal training services will move to a new location, on the corner of 15th and Church Streets NW. Within days, we will also be formally recognized as a CrossFit affiliate, CrossFit MPH.

In the short run, this transition also means…

• We will be finishing your outstanding sessions at Gold’s within the next month. Of course, we would love for you to join us and train at our new facility, but we understand that you are Gold’s Gym members first, and have a choice to make. The nature of our relationship with Gold’s prohibits us from soliciting you, but once we begin offering training at our new space, you are free to make whichever choice you desire at that time.
  • So that you do not purchase sessions we cannot finish for you at Gold’s, we request accurate travel schedules for the next six weeks at your earliest convenience.

The tentative start date at MPH will be Saturday, August 1. We will be in touch in the coming weeks about our last day at Gold’s, and to provide official contact information for our new gym.

We cannot thank you enough for your support over the years.

Rest today.

–Melody and John

1. mccuej14 | June 20, 2009 at 6:00 pm

yay! super excited about the new space! it looks awesome!

(and if you need any help getting it set up, let me know… more than willing to help :))

Jen M.

2. roselenaramirez1 | June 20, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Very nice!! congratulations!.. That is wonderful news, and I hope everything goes well for you guys. This is a big and brave step, and I am more than happy to be a witness of this amazing transformation… I like how “cofounder” sound… and for that, more than happy to help getting that space ready as soon as possible too… Again, congrats guys…
    PS. John, you see, the 30th came within changes already…

3. train2live | June 20, 2009 at 7:48 pm

John and Melody,

Congratulations to both of you! I am looking forward to continuing my Crossfit “train2live” lifestyle in your new location. Please let me know if you need any help getting the place prepped/set up for business. I am very excited for you both.

David “702” O.

4. baykay | June 20, 2009 at 10:36 pm

level 2 and a space…my mind is officially blown…

congratulations john and mel!

and of course, I am always game to help…

~Rebekka

5. capitalpressure | June 21, 2009 at 1:22 am

I go where you guys go! Let me know if I can help! Jeff

6. tbferg | June 21, 2009 at 8:45 am

What great news! Congrats, guys. This is really exciting, and I’m looking forward to working in the new space.

7. sub10fran | June 21, 2009 at 4:37 pm

As Coach Bergener likes to say (or maybe I just imagine him saying it), outfuckingstanding! Psyched for you guys, and for the new space.

John S.

8. ashacooper | June 21, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Wonderful news, congratulations!

9. bharvey23 | June 21, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Outstanding! Congratulations you two! this has been a long time coming. Please let me know if you need anything.

10. jjeremias | June 21, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Congratulations to you both!!! I can’t wait!!!

11. NoTranslationRequired | June 22, 2009 at 9:28 am

CONGRATS! I’m totally excited to be 1 min away 🙂 So can we do both morning and evening sessions! i’m just thinking! or splitting say a 20 min AMRAP 10 min morning and 10 min evening!..i’m just managing my time here! 🙂 Seriously, congrats, let me know if y’all need any help! and I echo Jeff W’s note above and add to that note, I bring friends!!

12. bibihan | June 22, 2009 at 9:57 am

Congratulations!! What a huge month this has been for you guys!

As someone with significant pre- and post-work responsibilities, I’m a little concerned about the lack of group training during lunchtime, and the lack of showers… Unfortunately I am expected to look and smell somewhat presentable throughout the entire workday. Any plans to put a shower in?

• coach | June 22, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Thanks Lisa,

With regard to lunchtime classes, we will offer classes wherever there is demand or need. There will likely be just one lunchtime class every weekday to start and we’ll grow from there once interest picks up.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to put a shower in this place, but maybe in our next home. It’s cost prohibitive in the greatest possible sense—to install, maintain and license via the Department of Health. We’re on a tight budget for a little while here!

13. mchofia | June 22, 2009 at 1:33 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am also willing to build some sweat-equity and help with the new place. Especially on demolition day, those are the most fun.

14. nadine79 | June 22, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Wow – congratulations, you two! And, John, congratulations on becoming a Level II instructor. I can’t wait to work out with you next time I’m in town. Whenever you come to Portland, come see me at Recreate Fitness – I’m now a Level I coach there!

15. Ted | June 22, 2009 at 4:43 pm

I just got back from out of town and am seeing this a day late…congratulations! I wish you joy and success. No wonder you’ve been amping up the strength training the last couple of months! I see some serious “functional movements” in the near future – of course I’m ready to help however can, and I’ll do my best to help make this work. You know, you can get a camping shower that hooks up to a standard garden hose…or it sounds like Neal might have a shower 1 minute away! I’m just thinking!