Thursday, September 10, 2009

1. coach | September 10, 2009 at 9:21 am

Ted K.: 25:13 (sub: 2x bodyrow, pushup)
    Amy D.: 14:33 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Borja G.: 20:34
    Alex M.: 15:36 (35-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Kim H.: 26:35 (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Ivy F.: 23:36 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Mayra C.: 19:26 (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Sidra C.: 20:43 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    David O.: 26:41
    Sakar P.: 19:05 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Ravi S.: 15:55 (15-lbs.; sub: 1x bodyrow)
    Mike S.: 13:31
    Josh O.: 19:03 (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Joe P.: 26:50
    Jeff W.: 25:28
    John C.: 26:14 (15-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Matt W.: 18:45
    Lisa C.: 20:37 (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    David C.: 30:02 (15-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green, 30-25-20-15)
    Tod C.: 19:26 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Jeremy N.: 24:25 (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Caitlin F.: 16:44 (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Samir M.: 24:07 (35-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow)

2. coach | September 10, 2009 at 9:23 am

Joe now has pull-ups. 105 (out of nowhere) to be exact. Congratulations on completing your first pull-up workout as prescribed.

For the rest of the boys: you should officially be concerned.

• coach | September 10, 2009 at 9:28 am

Also, I forgot to mention last week that he pushed the 500m row record down even further…

• train2live | September 10, 2009 at 10:04 am

John,

I look at the gym record board, is the 500 record now 1:28 or is it lower than that?

702

• coach | September 10, 2009 at 10:11 am

Everything is current.

• train2live | September 10, 2009 at 10:12 am

Joe, Congratulations! I had a feeling it would not be long before you shed the band.

Also, congratulations on the new 500m record!

702

• mikeheartspullups | September 10, 2009 at 10:44 am

oh. shit.

Joe, seriously, great job. You are an inspiration!

3. jwood30 | September 10, 2009 at 9:24 am

Joe deserves a big round of applause. He did today’s wod as rx’d. Big Red was shaking! JW

4. Mrs. Finkenstadt | September 10, 2009 at 9:29 am

Congratulations Joe! That’s wonderful. Thanks to coaches and the 7:00 class for your motivation today. Someday I will learn not to get overexcited and psych myself out.

5. coach | September 10, 2009 at 9:37 am

In 25-burpees-for-time news, Sakar forced his way onto the scoreboard this morning with a 54-second effort (and took out John “I Take as Many Vacations as 702” S. in the process). Nice job, SP.

We’ll be coming back to this challenge for everyone shortly…

• train2live | September 10, 2009 at 10:05 am

Nice job Sakar! Welcome to the leader board.

702

• mikeheartspullups | September 10, 2009 at 10:44 am

Woot!

• Mrs. Finkenstadt | September 10, 2009 at 11:39 am

Congrats Sakar! You’ve worked hard on the burpees.

• operationyetifit | September 10, 2009 at 2:39 pm

thx guys… it feels good

6. Kimmie | September 10, 2009 at 9:38 am

I think all the morning crews rock! The coaches are not that bad either! *running for the corner giggling* No thanks guys you have really kept me motivated this week. I needed that a lot.

Kim

7. IsolatedinIceland | September 10, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Congrats Joe and Sakar…that’s great news. Dang I have my work cut out for me when I get back…i’m feel’n like i’m running at the back of the pack!!

Off to the gym! And it’s RAINING again…sigh!

8. mccuej14 | September 10, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Excellent work on the pullups Joe!

So, plenty of time for working out on this vacation since all it’s done is RAIN! But no pull up bar at the house… so I did:

3 rounds for time
    50x situps
    50x pushups
    50x squats

20:15

Jen M.

9. IsolatedinIceland | September 10, 2009 at 4:41 pm

So an hour and a half later (did I mention I got lost) I’m at Iceland’s version of Globo: half curls galore and squats that would make all you’all cringe.

Really couldn’t find much room for a decent workout so did yesterday’s workout on a squat machine (insert gasph here). It was in kg so bear with me:

Weights for each side of the bar. Not sure what the bar weighs and plus it doesn’t really count cause u’ve got support that wouldn’t usually have.
    20 kg (40 total)
    22.5
    27.5
    32.5
    37.5

After all that felt that I need to do something else cause who knows what those weights were and after reading all the great work at MPH felt like I had to so:

Row 500m in 1:53
    then did 25 pullups

dats it for me today. I’m going to try again tomorrow and see if there’s a time when the gym isn’t so busy.

10. sub10NARF | September 10, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I take one vacation (albeit for two weeks) and all of a sudden I’m lumped in with Mr. Vacation? Lump me in with him for effort, intensity, etc., and I got no problem, but on the vacation thing????? By the way, not that I will get any sympathy, but spend two weeks with a 4 year old and 1 year old when it rains virtually every day, and the wind constantly blows 30-40 mph, which means almost no pool or beach time, and convince me that I was on a vacation. The 9 to 19 minutes it takes me to do my gymless WOD each day truly has been the best part of each day.

Nice work Sakar – 150 burpees for time was my scheduled workout for tomorrow, but now that SP has kicked me off the board, I have to do 25 for time. I know it won’t count as an offical time, but need something to shoot for.

Joe – you have plans on leaving any gym records to the rest of us, or is world domination your goal?

Looking forward to getting back to MPH next week.

• coach | September 10, 2009 at 9:39 pm

John,

I have a great idea for your workout tomorrow. Do 25 burpees for time, rest two minutes, and then do 150 burpees for time. Post both scores to comments 🙂

Seriously, though, have some fun on your vacation, and we will see you next week!

Neil: you continue to amaze me.

Melody

• sub10NARF | September 11, 2009 at 5:06 pm

So I did my workout before reading your post.

25 burpees – 52:17

My wife was channeling MPH as she questioned whether I was achieving full hip extension, so I did it again.

25 burpees – 51:53

She still wasn’t happy, so I did 10 more – 20:10, with no questions on form.

I will see if I can squueze 90 more in today.

See you guys next week.