The barbell bear complex consists, sequentially, of:
- power clean
- front squat
- push press
- back squat
- behind-the-neck push press
- then, return the bar to the ground for the next power clean
The movements may be modified, broken-up or combined in any way, so long as these parameters are met:
- The power clean starts at the ground and finishes at full hip extension. Squat cleans and/or a deadlift + hang power clean combination are acceptable.
- Squats must finish at, or below the parallel position and presses must finish locked-out overhead.
- Presses may be strict presses, push presses, or push jerks.
- Squats and presses can be distinct or combined into a thruster. However, you may not receive the clean in a (front) squat and move directly into a thruster—stand first.
A one minute break is given before repeating each cycle. The clock does not reset or stop between rounds.
This workout is scored by the number of complexes completed for each cycle.
Compare results to August 10, 2009.