Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

for time:
100x pull-up + thruster debt

• each time you drop off of the bar, complete 10x thruster @ 65/45-lbs.
  • if your head does not clear the bar, complete 5x thruster @ 65/45-lbs. for each infraction when you finally let go

Thruster debts are to be paid immediately upon coming off of the bar. In the case of substituting bodyrows, your chest must make contact with the bar (if using rings, your chest must make contact with your hands) for each repetition to avoid the same 5x thruster @ 65/45-lbs. penalty above.

This workout is scored by both the time and total thrusters completed.

Compare results to April 21, 2009.

1. StuLu | November 23, 2009 at 11:13 pm

That settles it. I am having a piece of pumpkin pie on Thursday.

2. adam1181 | November 24, 2009 at 12:15 am

Oh jeez this is like Fran on crack. I’m calling dibs on the bucket!!!

3. jwood30 | November 24, 2009 at 7:20 am

Adam, as a general warning, avoid saying the “F” word. It carries consequences. Seriously. Jeff

4. coach | November 24, 2009 at 9:13 am

Ralph A.: 31:17, 120x thruster (45-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Stuart W.: 22:24, 65x thruster (45-lbs.; 50x; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Kris C.: 31:42, 120x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Mike D.: 33:33, 120x thruster (45-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Amy D.: 32:54, 155x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Rob K.: 13:16, 50x thruster
    Borja G.: 30:03, 105x thruster
    Ted K.: 34:22, 125x thruster (75x)
    Jen M.: 35:23, 75x thruster (75x; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Sean M.: 26:21, 80x thruster (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Mayra C.: 28:35, 125x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Ivy F.: 40:07, 195x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Sidra C.: 33:47, 150x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    David O.: 28:10, 110x thruster (50x)
    Neil A.: 34:27, 120x thruster
    Shana S.: 24:15, 100x thruster (33-lbs.; sub: 1x bodyrow)
    Jessica H.: 21:18, 115x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Ravi S.: 37:56, 85x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Mike S.: 24:08, 90x thruster
    Caitlin F.: 25:50, 130x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Steve D.: 14:54, 80x thruster
    Joe P.: dnf
    Jeff W.: 37:18, 170x thruster
    Jeremy N.: dnf
    Austin W.: 19:59, 100x thruster
    Joe F.: 30:10, 🙁 (75x; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Ricky B.: 27:08, 75x thruster
    Brendan K.: 33:33, 🙁 (75x)
    Adam C.: 24:06, 80x thruster (sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Lisa C.: 27:30, 140x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Daniel B.: 27:55 (45-lbs.; sub: 10x thruster, 10x jump/kip pull-up, 12″, 10 rounds)
    Glenn C.: 20:00, 104x thruster (61x; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    David C.: 18:02 (45-lbs.; sub: 10x thruster, 10x jump/kip pull-up, 12″, 7 rounds)
    Nicole C.: 18:12 (33-lbs.; sub: 10x thruster, 10x jump/kip pull-up, 18″, 7 rounds)
    StuLu: 39:39, 125x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Adam H.: 28:18, 80x thruster (45-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Meghan M.: 27:39, 135x thruster
    Lee P.: 18:12, 60x thruster (33-lbs.; sub: 1x bodyrow)
    Colette B.: 21:16, 70x thruster (33-lbs.; 50x; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Wayne C.: 33:10, 160x thruster (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Guy F.: 23:48, 85x thruster (45-lbs.; 50x; sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Jonathan H.: 43:04, 105x thruster (75x)

• jwood30 | November 24, 2009 at 8:05 pm

Nice job Meghan. Jeff

• Mrs. Finkenstadt | November 24, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Way to Go MEGHAN!!!!

5. jwood30 | November 24, 2009 at 9:55 am

Thanks to the 8 o’clock group for cheering me on down the home stretch. Jeff

• tubameat | November 24, 2009 at 12:19 pm

THAT was what its all about. gutting it out to the bitter fucking end. good work.

• CookingandLifting | November 24, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Way to gut it out Jeff. Great stuff. Glad to be there cheering, busted hands and all.

6. Jen M. | November 24, 2009 at 10:13 am

so i’m thinking i should have reconsidered the v-neck and skirt combination for work today in light of the inappropriate collection of bruises i managed to gather during yesterday’s workout!

• tubameat | November 24, 2009 at 12:17 pm

no no no! girls with torn hands, scraped shins and bruised clavicles are hot!

7. IWant2GetStronger | November 24, 2009 at 10:46 am

Adam – i know Jeff has said it…but let me also say it…forget “Fran”… remove her name from your vocab…use “Narf” or “The Lady” if you have to express your affection but “Fran” is a curse…and our coaches will prolly roll their eyes with this post!

On a brighter note: GREAT JOB Rob and Austin…after tak’n WAAAY too long to finish today’s WOD, looking at your score makes me know I can do better!

8. mchofia | November 24, 2009 at 11:09 am

Rob/Steve/Austin very impressive.

Ted you took 22 minutes off your last time, that’s awesome.. and enough time to do it all over again 🙂

9. tubameat | November 24, 2009 at 12:36 pm

People!

thanksgiving lurks right around the corner. the urge to pig out is strong. last holiday season i chunked up like 10lbs. shameful. i need to stay in control this season, remember what’s important, ask myself if its fucking worth it- that piece of pie or my one mile run time. that sweet potato casserole thing with the marshmallows on top, or my max pullup number. that beer (or twelve) or my grace time. as i type this, the decision is easy. come mealtime it will be a different story. i hereby declare that i WILL NOT overeat this holiday season. i will not take the glut of food in front of me for granted. i will absolutely enjoy the days with my close friends and family (you all are included in there, btw), but i will stay in control of my eating. i will sample everything and eat until ive had enough, but i will not push it down like a hog at a fucking trough, as i am wont to do. i dont want to have to loosen my pants after a meal. i dont want to pass out from a damn insulin rollercoaster ride. i will celebrate friends and family and health, not gluttony.
    yes, the food will be delicious, but the feeling we get when we crush the wod and see our numbers progress is SO much sweeter.
    WHO IS WITH ME?

Keep squattin’!

Steve D

• Jen M. | November 24, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Steve… I totally agree! In the past, I’ve used the holidays as an excuse to eat like crap “because it’s the holidays” – sometimes stuff i don’t even really like, but it’s there. this year, my new goal is to save the holiday splurge for things that i actually like and that i really can get only during the holidays (like my mom’s homemade christmas cookies). although, with a new perspective – one or two cookies is probably plenty, rather than the, we’ll just say “more than 2”, i’ve been known to eat in the past 🙂

• StuLu | November 24, 2009 at 6:24 pm

By the by Jen…Hana made your Paleo Pumpkin muffins this weekend. They were awesome!!!! Quite cleansing as well!

• StuLu | November 24, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I am with you Steve! Can I still have one piece of Pumpkin Pie with a dab of whipped cream? After today’s WOD I think I deserve it.

10. jwood30 | November 24, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Well said Steve. Thank you for your words of wisdom. Jeff

11. Mrs. Finkenstadt | November 24, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Thank you-thank you-thank you everyone who cheered me through this workout. I broke the math down, and I was doing an average of about 6 reps per round through the workout. I only had 3 head penalties, though.
    Ivy