Saturday, January 16, 2010

1. tubameat | January 15, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Hi guys,
    due to my totally effed work schedule i did “the chief” on my own on a rare free friday night. can you say P A R T Y A N I M A L?
    i got 28 full rounds plus a li’l bit.
    almost got 7 rds in the 1st cycle. then i got 5. then 6. then i pooped out, or rather, wimped out on cycle 4, stopping at 5 rds with like 20 sec to go. and then in my head i heard John yell “what the FUCK do you think you’re doing?!?!”
    ya know what i was doing? i was pacing the wod, i was gaming the wod, i was going for numbers NOT stimulus. and stimulus is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of the wod.
    i didnt attack, i conserved energy. conserving energy lowers power and lowered power ruins intensity and intensity is the most important factor in getting results from your wod. i need to remember this mid-wod!
    i am really glad that the sounds of MPH still ring in my melon even when i train elsewhere.
    for dessert post-wod, i had 5 pinch grip farmers’ walks with L-sit funnishment.
    that is- each time i dropped the plates, i had to do 20 sec of L-sit on the plates.
    why did i do this?
    know that i firmly believe in working the things you suck at. in fact, i desire the wods that i will suck at more than the wods i can do OK at. those are the wods that are the most challenging and most productive. for example, i would do Joshie instead of Randy, or Diane instead of Cindy if I had a choice.
    but i also believe in working your strengths, the things you are good at, the things you enjoy training. in other words, having a li’l fun! and thats why i had me some dessert. plus, tomorrow’s a rest day for me, so thrash away!

keep squattin’

steve d

• christyphillips | January 16, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Steve, you crack me up. Also I can totally relate to your sentiments on gaming/pacing the wod. I think it hurt my performance in this wod and I HAVE TO STOP DOING IT in general. It actually does translate to competition days and works against you (I learned the hard way in the second event of the hopper challenge this fall).

-Christy

• tbferg | January 16, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Christy, I agree- Steve is hilarious. Also, I agree about managing WODs. I think it’s the thing that holds me back the most. This morning, all through the lunges (what I found to be the most challenging) I couldn’t stop thinking about how many more lunges I had to do. As a result I found myself trying to pace the lunges instead of going all-out on each round.

2. tealbaker | January 16, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Grateful beyond words for Charlotte who got me through that workout. Thanks also to the 10a crew who stayed for support. It made all the difference!

3. coach | January 16, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Tamra F.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 26:10 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Jeff W.: 15-25-35x-25-25x-lbs., 25:24
    Linda K.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 22:18 (sub: 1/2x lunge, 1x bodyrow, 1/2x sit-up)
    Rob K.: 35-45-60-70-65x-lbs., 16:23
    Lisa C.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 24:39 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Neil A.: 25-25x-15-10x-bw-lbs., 17:26
    Ravi S.: 5-15-15x-10x-bw-lbs., 26:46
    Ivy F.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 23:12 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Kris C.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 25:38 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Meghan M.: 21:20 (65-lbs.; sub: sumo deadlift high-pull)
    Sean M.: bw-ast-ast-ast-ast, 29:30 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Jen M.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 28:29 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Christy P.: bw-20-25-27.5x-25-lbs., 13:54
    Sean F.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 18:16 (sub: 1/2x lunge, 1x bodyrow)
    Adam C.: 20-35x-25-25x-25x-lbs., 20:40
    Joe F.: 20-35x-25-30x-20-lbs., 21:11
    Adam H.: bw-5x-bw-bw-bw-lbs., 25:19 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Roselena R.: bw-5x-bw-bw-bw-lbs., 27:09 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Travis O.: bw-5-5x-ast-ast-lbs., 24:23 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, green)
    Christine S.: 5-15x-5-7.5x-5x-lbs., 25:34 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Jeremy N.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 24:38 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Thomas M.: 10x-10-15x-bw-5-lbs., 21:48 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, blue)
    Charlotte H.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 20:40 (sub: 1/2x lunge, 1x bodyrow)
    Koji H.: 10-20-35x-25x-10-lbs., 22:06 (sub: jump-stretch pull-up, red)
    Teal B.: ast-ast-ast-ast-ast, 33:42 (sub: 1x bodyrow)
    Joe P.: 10-10x-5-5x-bw-lbs., 18:50
    Dave R.: 35-50-60-65x-62.5-lbs., 13:54

4. Need A Bionic Back | January 16, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Finally got the parts I needed to assemble little red (it is actually black), so I did the first part of the workout – no kipping.

16, 18, 18, 21, 21x