Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

***Important Announcement***
MPH will close at 1p today.

Yes, we know what we said yesterday (“…we will be open normal hours this entire week.”), and we will in fact be here for the next several hours. However, none of you should be out trying to get to us in this weather, which seems to be getting worse before it gets better. If you were planning to come to class this evening, stay home, stay dry, stay warm, stay safe—burpees are a fair substitute for wall ball.

Stay close to the site. We will make an announcement regarding classes tomorrow with the post at 10p tonight.

Karen
for time:
150x wall ball @ 20/14-lbs.

Compare results to October 6, 2009.

workout courtesy of crossfit.com

then, “Flight Simulator
for time:
5-10-15-20-25-30-35-40-45-50-45-40-35-30-25-20-15-10-5
unbroken double under

You must come to a complete stop between sets.

workout courtesy of optimum performance training

1. StuLu | February 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Flight Simulator?

“Uh, Tower…Stulu flight 69 is requesting an immediate descent to bucket level ground zero and declaring Pan Pan and the need to land at the first available runway.”

No flaps on this one. It’s gonna be an overweight landing with the nose gear retracted. Especially after doing Karen.

2. ralswang | February 10, 2010 at 8:45 am

Coach’s thank you for making happen for 6am.
    6am Elements class impressive!!!

3. Mrs. Finkenstadt | February 10, 2010 at 9:11 am

Ok, this snowing officially sucks. I miss you guys! Fortunately, I can sorta do this at home. (Will sub kb swings for Karen)

• Mrs. Finkenstadt | February 10, 2010 at 12:21 pm

In addition to the snow sucking, my attempt at this workout sucked.
      KB swings 150 at 40lbs in 12:39, completed in our enclosed patio. I think I was really worried about accidentally throwing the KB through the the glass, and the KB was very very cold. Lots of hand cramping. Then, I couldn’t get a good rythmn going on the ropes because the ceiling in the patio is really low. Therefore, I tried to jump rope outside. This was not particularly successful, but it did yield some pretty fun pictures. I will be picking up the rope again throughout the day just to see if I get any better, but will stay in the patio.

• mchofia | February 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I think the cabin fever has made you loose it. Double unders in 2 feet of snow?!! That is _dedication_

4. caitlin | February 10, 2010 at 9:48 am

Another day in Little Rock (joy). Got up this morning and did “Ted”.

Time: 14:00 and change ( I didn’t have a stop watch so I’m not sure what the exact time was) at 25lbs.

• tubameat | February 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Caitlin!
      last year i was on tour in AK in lil rock and stumbled across this gym

JP fitness
      425 w capitol 29th floor
      zip 72201
      ph. 501-399-9355

they are rather xfit friendly there, believe it or not: rings, KBs, squat racks, a big-ass tire, sledge hammers, jump ropes, etc. not to mention an awesome view from the top of one of the tallest buildings in LR. check em out of youre still there!

keep squattin!

steve d

ps ill fbook you this too

• caitlin | February 10, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Steve,

Why am I not surprised you were on tour of AR? Thank you so much!

You are a walking encyclopedia of knowledge about food, gyms, and random places to get Turkish massages (my favorite Steve D post). Ironically I’m on the 48th floor of the exact building the gym is in. I’ll check it out tomorrow and let you know.

Keep shoveling and squattin! 🙂

Caitlin

• tubameat | February 10, 2010 at 6:06 pm

whoops…AK, AR, you know what i mean. :^/
          i vaguely remember that gym being on the top floor…
          anyway, time for a massage, gotta go!

5. Tank | February 10, 2010 at 11:12 am

WOD #3 – Farmers Walk 1M @ 20lbs in 1′ of snow….

fuck me, why did I buy so much beer at Whole Foods?

6. Jen M. | February 10, 2010 at 11:12 am

SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!!

(john, that was for you :))

7. coach | February 10, 2010 at 11:12 am

Borja G.: 10:02
    Ralph A.: 10:17
    Kris C.: 13:42
    Jessica H.: 6:09
    Jen M.: 7:19, 17:25 (to 25 double under)
    Rob K.: 9:11, 41:35
    Sean M.: 11:17
    Mayra C.: 7:27
    Jeremy N.: 7:54
    Neil A.: 9:09
    Jeff W.: 8:53
    Josh O.: 9:47
    Mike D.: 10:36
    Christy P.: 6:32, 16:46 (10-ft. target)
    Dave R.: 6:18
    Jason H.: 11:50
    Adam H.: 11:03
    StuLu: 10:53
    Adam C.: 7:15
    Antonio G.: 10:41
    Joanna L.: 11:35
    Sean F.: 13:35
    Ravi S.: 18:24

• Jen M. | February 10, 2010 at 11:46 am

i did up to 25 du’s today, then back down. hope you guys are keeping warm!

8. adam1181 | February 10, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Good call on closing the gym. I just spent the last 2 hours digging my truck out of its parking spot on church street with the help of 6 good sameritans(spelling?). Stay warm and don’t tempt fate by trying to venture out. You may never make it back….

9. christyphillips | February 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Hey everyone!
    Just a quick message about cupids undie run, its still happening snow or shine and its this Saturday! The run starts at 2pm and will both start and end at the pourhouse (bar) at 319 pennsylvania ave in eastern market. I think the best thing to do would be meet there at 1 to 130ish so that we can all be at the startline together at 2. As for attire, I really think anything goes whether you wear a thong (stulu) or a snowsuit its just for fun, drinking and a good cause. Ill be wearing my MPH shirt (gotta represent!) and real skivvies that I bought for the occasion. I bought a couple extra pairs if anyone wants them (seriously, they’re red and black to match our t shirts). There’s still spots available if anyone wants to sign up. Give me a call if you want to coordinate going over there together and if you can’t find us when you get there: 202 390 4720
    Should be a lot of fun and I think is much more about the drinking then the running which means two things: we should be dominating for the “race” portion (I’m counting on you Jess!) and all MPH women will be doing our best to keep the drinks flowing freely for the men (this is in no way an attempt to sabatoge the VDay massacre taking place at 9am on Sun)

10. bibihan | February 10, 2010 at 3:50 pm

150 burpees: 16:17. My 5 year old daughter did them with me, interspersing burping sounds and fits of giggles.

11. cjsiegel | February 10, 2010 at 6:08 pm

150 KB swings (25lb) 9:04
    Concur with Ivy on the DUs. Although, I wasn’t as dedicated to try outside.

12. Erez | February 10, 2010 at 7:31 pm