Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Congratulations Scott D., Katie M. and Paul M., for completing our Elements Workshop curriculum!

four rounds; rest amply between rounds:
15x turkish get-up, right arm @ 55/35-lbs.
max strict pull-up
15x turkish get-up, left arm @ 55/35-lbs.
max strict bodyrow

This workout is scored by both the total strict pull-ups and total strict bodyrows completed from all five rounds.

1. aschneidau | February 12, 2010 at 11:14 pm

HAHA, that picture says it all! Brilliant!

• Rob | February 13, 2010 at 12:43 am

I have to say, the girls do not have an equivalent picture.

Boys 2: Girls 0.

• coach | February 13, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Agreed, Rob. (I’m just going to go with you on this, because I think one could argue this picture swings the other way to make it 1-1. But, you were first. Good work.)

StuLu, you look great, man.

2. coach | February 13, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Katie M.: 140 (15-lbs., sub: 2x bodyrow; 3 rounds)
    Matt W.: 8, 26 (25-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Steve D.: 30, 51 (3 rounds)
    Koji H.: 34, 44 (20-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Erin H.: 13, 40 (15-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Livia S.: 100 (5-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow; 3 rounds)
    Thomas M.: 23, 45 (25-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Ravi S.: 16, 61 (25-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Susanna B.: 31 (15-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow; 2 rounds)
    Gary C.: 105 (20-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow)
    Jeremy N.: 7, 48 (45-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Lisa C.: 18, 22 (20-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch strict pull-up, blue; 3 rounds)
    Jeff W.: 18, 40 (35-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Guy F.: 12, 46 (15-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    David O.: 21, 57 (45-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Erez Y.: 106 (25-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow; 3 rounds)
    Ilyse S.: 44 (5-lbs.; sub: 2x bodyrow; 3 rounds)
    Ivy F.: 12, 32 (sub: jump-stretch strict pull-up, red; 3 rounds)
    David S.: 30, 15 (15-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch strict pull-up, green; 3 rounds)
    Amy S.: 35, 19 (10-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch strict pull-up, green; 3 rounds)
    Jessica H.: 18, 45 (25-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Antonio G.: 35, 18 (30-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Leota B.: 21, 30 (15-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch strict pull-up, green; 3 rounds)
    Christine S.: 11, 29 (20-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Kris C.: 31, 49 (20-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch strict pull-up, red)
    Sean M.: 9, 20 (35-lbs.; 3 rounds)
    Jen M.: 16, 40 (25-lbs.; sub: jump-stretch strict pull-up, red; 3 rounds)

• snekulekul | February 13, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Luke: 35, 30, 25, 25 haha
      Completed 4 rounds minus body rows last round. Gym closed haha. Score 64

3. StuLu | February 13, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Christy,

Thanks for organizing us to get out and run in our underwear today!! That was awesome: I can’t think of anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon but to expose oneself in sub-freezing temperatures in front of the Capital Building. I thought Steve D summed it up best afterwards (and in-between being photographed with every woman in the bar) “There is something very liberating in running through DC in your underwear.”

That was fun, and great to see our little group decked out in MPH T-shirts!

StuLu

P.S. You may have been distracted by my Hockey Helmet hat in the photo today. As such I ask the ladies to go back and look once more, this time focusing on my pectoral definition which you will notice is practically ripping out of my LuLu Lemon Hockey Dude T-Shirt. Photos speak the truth…and the truth is you are all going down tomorrow (no pun intended) at my expense. (O.K., I will let you in on a little secret: I am actually a Crossfit Hustler and was brought in 6 months ago by John to look very mediocre and weak during this time so that he could deceive the chicks to fall prey to this competition in which I will simply blow away everyone and take the glory for the men. Sinister, I know. So, if you now wish to sleep in tomorrow, paint your nails, and forfeit the competition I think everyone here will understand.)

• jeremynurse | February 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Had a blast. By they way the run appears to be 1.73 miles for those who were wondering…

Look forward to the massacre tomorrow!

4. tubameat | February 14, 2010 at 8:21 am

goddammit stu!
    i just spewed coffee all over my keyboard reading that post! and i did notice the pecs bro, but i thought that those were panties on your melon.