Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday, May 7, 2010

From our friends at Potomac CrossFit:
[vodpod id=Video.3563762&w=425&h=350&fv=]

more about “2010 Crossfit Games D.C. Sectionals H…“, posted with vodpod

Congratulations Michael S., Amanda E., Terry H., Campbell R. and John G., for completing our Elements Workshop curriculum!

as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes:
3x single-arm snatch, right arm @ 55/35-lbs.
9x swing
3x single-arm snatch, left arm

This workout is scored by the total repetitions completed.

1. StuLu | May 6, 2010 at 9:37 pm

That is a great video! Rob has done it once again…the Mambo Jambo kicking it in for the best two “cameos” of the video!!!!

………………………..

By the by…worked out with my ladies again tonight at Desert Crossfit. Did this:

For TIme…

-A “Buy In” of 200 walking Lunges (what the hell is a Buy-In anyway – a first for me. And, since when do I have to buy into a WOD? Oh, wait – given that one of the cross-streets to Dinah Shore Blvd is Monty Hall Drive I assume it must be a Palm Springs kinda thing.
    -Then, 21,15,9 of 95lb Power Snatches, Shoulder Presses, and Pull-ups.

The ladies were impressed with my kipping, especially when I did the last set while singing Dean Martin’s “That’s Amore.” I will miss these girls…

………………………..

Team MPH….Ohio….Get it done. This is your buy-in to LA. Monty Hall style. Glory in Ohio is a step (as it was for Ohioan Bob Hope…who also has a street in Palm Springs) to the golden rays of California. Are you Hungry Like The Wolf?

StuLu-

• Rob | May 6, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Thanks Stulu. Most of the (very well done) video consists of inspirational shots of people dominating the workouts. Then there is me totally failing on the overhead squat. I like to think that is inspirational for many people in a different way – that they get to think to themselves that at least they aren’t THAT guy.

• StuLu | May 7, 2010 at 1:49 am

Dude, It is a money shot.

The chicks don’t dig Rambo…but they go crazy for passion. There it is, passion: the definition of Mambo Jambo. You got it.

2. Mrs. F | May 6, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Mel, Meghan, Dave, and Christy- I am so proud of you and will be checking the scores fiendishly all weekend. Have an awesome time, kick some a$$ and make some friends. MPH Represent!

A note about the Paleo Eaters Anonymous blog: Many of you may not know that several members report to one another daily on a private blog called the Paleo Eaters Anonymous blog (PEA). If you would like to be a member of this blog, please send me an email at ivy.lange@gmail.com. The PEA blog is pretty simple- we post our daily food journals and encourage one another in healthy nutrition. Our only request is that if you join, you post and participate.

3. ivefive | May 6, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Mel, Meghan, Dave R. and Christy….

Kick some bu** this weekend!!

‘nuf said.

4. Rob | May 6, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Guys – good luck this weekend! I know you will do us proud. Please give us updates!

5. train2live | May 7, 2010 at 5:35 am

Mel, Meg, Christy and Dave.

I cannot tell you how proud I am of you. I couldn’t put together in my head a better team to represent MPH this weekend. I am confident that you will all do an amazing job and move on to California.

So, when you are performing the workouts and you think you have nothing left, draw on the collective energy of your fellow MPH athletes, some who will be there and others who will be sending you positive energy from back home.

You got this!! So go get’em!!

Dave O

6. Ted | May 7, 2010 at 8:22 am

Go, Team MPH! Only Mother’s Day could keep me away from cheering you on in person, but I’m with everyone here who’ll be sending you positive energy and thoughts all weekend, wherever we may be. Make your moms proud! They did a phenomenal job in producing amazing athletes!

7. Jenny J. | May 7, 2010 at 9:15 am

Best of luck (not that you need it) to the MPH Fantastic Four! This is the first (and probably only) time that I will get to say “I’d rather be in Ohio.” ALL WEEKEND LONG…

8. Silence of the Chudy | May 7, 2010 at 10:18 am

Good luck to Lem, The Janitor, Dave Rambo and Christy “the Pacecar” P. You all are going to do great and I look forward to seeing you all compete again in Carson, CA in July.

9. mikeheartspullups | May 7, 2010 at 11:19 am

Mel, Meg, Dave, and Christy — it has been a pleasure working out with and getting schooled…ahem…trained…by you all.

Best of luck this weekend! (not that you need it)

10. caitlin | May 7, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Mel, Meg, Christy and Dave – You are going to be great this weekend. All of you are a real inspiration and I know you’ll knock ’em dead. We are cheering and rooting for you!

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!

11. Erez | May 7, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Mel, Meg, Christy, and Dave — Rock it.

12. swimdra | May 7, 2010 at 3:41 pm

MPH team, you got these events. Good luck this weekend! We will be cheerinh you on from dc.

13. voidwhichbinds | May 7, 2010 at 4:17 pm

MPH – you are so inspirational, fierce and talented – i hope each of you has the time of your life this weekend!

Tod

for the book, i did the WOD at WSC on Conn Ave

7 rounds, 3 right hand snatches and 5 swings before the bell

one of the trainers was training some woman and came over and said
    “what the heck was that?’ when i was finished.

“a friday crossfit workout” i replied blithely “what are y’all doin? curls and tricept extensions?”

14. mchofia | May 7, 2010 at 7:19 pm

You know you want it. GO GET IT!!

15. coach | May 7, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Rob K.: 10 rounds +… 2x single-arm snatch, left
    Antonio G. 11 rounds (45-lbs.)
    Paul M.: 14 rounds +… 5x swing (35-lbs.; sub: single-arm clean)
    Sara S.: 10 rounds +… 9x swing (20-lbs.)
    Samir M.: 11 rounds +… 4x swing (35-lbs.)
    Keena S.: 14 rounds +… 3x single-arm snatch, right arm (25-lbs.)
    Derek B.: 14 rounds (40-lbs.)
    Beth F.: 13 rounds +… 4x swing (25-lbs.)
    Ted K.: 10 rounds +… 7x swing (35-lbs.)
    Kris C.: 19 rounds +… 1x swing (25-lbs.)
    Borja G.: 11 rounds + 1x single-arm snatch, right
    Guy F.: 10 rounds +… 5x swing (35-lbs.)
    Josh O.: 9 rounds +… 6x swing (45-lbs.)
    Roselena R.: 9 rounds +… 1x single-arm snatch, left
    Kristie K.: 12 rounds +… 5x swing (20-lbs.)
    Mayra C.: 13 rounds +…4x swing (30-lbs.)
    Stu W.: 11 rounds +…2x swing (40-lbs.; sub: single-arm clean)
    Jeremy N.: 13 rounds +… 4x swing
    Ravi S.: 9 rounds + 3x single-arm snatch, right (40-lbs.)
    Katie M.: 11 rounds +… 2x swing (25-lbs.)
    Scott D.: 15 round +… 8x swing (35-lbs.)
    Leota B.: 12 rounds +… 9x swing (25-lbs.)
    Josh M.: 12 rounds + 1x single-arm snatch, right (45-lbs.)
    David O.: 11 rounds
    Sean M.: 7 rounds + 2x single-arm snatch, right
    Jen M.: 8 rounds +… 1x single-arm snatch, left
    April H.: 8 rounds +… 4x single-arm snatch, left (15-lbs.)
    Alex M.: 15 rounds + 1x single-arm snatch, right (45-lbs.)
    Jim M.: 5 rounds +… 1x single-arm snatch, left (30-lbs.)
    Mike S.: 8 rounds + 3x single-arm snatch, right
    David S.: 11 rounds + 3x single-arm snatch, right (35-lbs.)
    Caitlin F.: 14 rounds + 1x single-arm snatch, right
    Bill S.: 6 rounds +… 2x single-arm snatch, left (35-lbs.)
    Brian T.: 9 rounds +… 3x swing (35-lbs.)
    Christine S.: 14 rounds (25-lbs.)
    Jeff W.: 9 rounds +… 1x swing (45-lbs.)
    Bill G.: 11 rounds +… 9x swing (45-lbs.)
    Neil A.: 11 rounds +… 4x swing
    Kevin C.: 10 rounds +… 3x single-arm snatch, left (40-lbs.)

16. tubameat | May 8, 2010 at 12:31 pm

good thing I checked my calendar: i actually DO have to work this weekend

good luck guys, I will be thinking of you all while you compete.

this wod for me: 10 rds + 4 snatches
    note: 6 L hand only snatches, 9 24″ box jumps
    done at UMD’s mega-fitness mall, the Epley Rec Center

steve d

17. Mrs. F | May 10, 2010 at 9:18 am

7 + 1 Left (done on Sunday May 9)