Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday, December 16, 2010

three cycles, as many complexes as possible in five minutes:
3x power clean @ 95/65-lbs. + 6x front squat + 3x push press + 6x lateral burpee

A two minute break is given before repeating each cycle. The clock does not reset or stop between rounds.

This workout is scored by the total number of complexes completed from all three rounds.

1. coach | December 16, 2010 at 9:29 am

Ralph A.: 7 rounds +… 6x front squat (75-lbs.)
    Robbie S.: 10 rounds + 3x power clean (75-lbs.)
    Larry B.: 8 rounds +… 3x push press (65-lbs.)
    Kris C.: 10 rounds (55-lbs.)
    Kevin W.: 7 rounds (65-lbs.)
    Keena S.: 9 rounds +… 3x lateral burpee (55-lbs.)
    Jessy C.: 9 rounds + 1x power clean (55-lbs.)
    Borja G.: 9 rounds (40-lb. dbs)
    Alex M.: 12 rounds (35-lb. dbs)
    Derek B.: 12 rounds +… 5x front squat (35-lb. dbs)
    Ted K.: 8 rounds + 3x power clean (30-lb. dbs)
    Paul M.: 11 rounds +… 3x burpee (25-lb. dbs)
    Alex H.: 8 rounds +… 2x push press (25-lb. dbs)
    Bill G.: 12 rounds + 3x power clean (80-lbs.)
    Christine S.: 9 rounds +.. 5x front squat (55-lbs.)
    Rob K.: 9 rounds + 3x power clean (85-lbs.)
    Stuart W.: 9 rounds + 2x power clean (75-lbs.)
    Sidra C.: 8 rounds +… 3x lateral burpee
    Katie M.: 9 rounds (50-lbs.)
    Pete S.: 6 rounds (45-lbs.)
    Mike S.: 9 rounds +… 4x lateral burpee
    Andrew Y.: 8 rounds +… 2x lateral burpee (65-lbs.)
    Roselena R.: 6 rounds
    Jim M.: 7 rounds +… 3x lateral burpe (65-lbs.)
    Ross K.: 9 rounds +… 4x lateral burpee (55-lbs.)
    Josh O.: 10 rounds (40-lb. dbs)
    Noland C.: 9 rounds + 2x power clean (55-lbs.)
    Marco M.: 9 rounds +… 3x push press (80-lbs.)
    Joseph P.: 7 rounds +… 3x squat (85-lbs.)
    Rachel Z.: 7 rounds +… 5x burpee (30-lbs.)
    Sakar P.: 8 rounds (70-lbs.)
    Antonio G.: 8 rounds +… 5x burpee (35-lb. dbs; sub: 2x power clean, no push press)
    Erez Y.: 9 rounds +… 5x burpee (75-lbs.)
    Syed Q.: 8 rounds + 1x power clean (25-lb. dbs)
    Steve M.: 7 rounds (20-lb. dbs)
    Andrew R.: 7 rounds + 3x power clean (90-lbs.)
    April H.: 8 rounds +… 2x burpee (35-lbs.)
    Veni M.: 7 rounds + 1x power clean (55-lbs.)
    Ryan A.: 7 rounds +… 4x burpee (30-lb. dbs)
    Neil A.: 9 rounds + 3x power clean
    David S.: 9 rounds +… 3x push press (75-lbs.)
    Bradley D.: 7 rounds + 2x deadlift (35-lbs.; sub: deadlift, shoulder press)
    Jen O.: 8 rounds +… 2x burpee (50-lbs.)
    Chad F.: 8 rounds +… 6x squat (75-lbs.)
    Jung S.: 11 rounds +… 3x push press (25-lbs.; sub: hang power clean)
    JC L.: 7 rounds +… 3x burpee (50-lbs.)
    Meghan M.: 13 rounds
    Jenn J.: 10 rounds + 6x shoulder press (20-lb. dbs; sub: 6x shoulder press + 6x push press + 6x bodyrow)
    Anne M.: 7 rounds +… 3x push press (20-lb. dbs)
    John B.: 11 rounds + 3x push press (80-lbs.)
    Bobby M.: 6 rounds + 3x power clean (25-lb. dbs; sub: hang power clean)
    Leota B.: 10 rounds + 3x power clean (55-lbs.)
    Katherine C.: 10 rounds +… 5x burpee (45-lbs.)
    Alissa G.: 8 rounds +… 3x push press (35-lbs.)
    Rocky B.: 9 rounds (80-lbs.)
    Leigh T.: 7 rounds +… 6x squat (65-lbs.)
    Brian T.: 9 rounds +… 3x push press (75-lbs.)

2. T | December 16, 2010 at 12:17 pm

WOD, Crowne Plaza Dubai edition:
    7 rounds + .. 5 front squats.

I think I was slowed down somewhat by a) having to use my phone to keep time, and b) being stared at incredulously by others in the gym, including the fellow supervising said gym. It appears I’m going to have to do a lot of explaining. I was most assuredly flying my freak flag, as far as the other three people in the room are concerned.

It was actually really uncomfortable to do this on my own, in a weird place, with people staring at me like I was a freak. I’m going to have to get over it, I know, but it sucks. I miss my 6am. Even you, Ralph.

• coach | December 16, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Awesome, T.

Fly that flag proudly. Hell, it’s no different than the “Globo” days—can’t be worse than being stalked by our favorite early morning couple back then. Remember?

You’re a black sheep and you love it. Baaa-baaa…

• T | December 16, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Oh, I remember that couple well. I still get a taste of bile in the back of my throat when I think about them. I always wanted to punch that guy in the throat, and make his wife watch. Have I said too much?

Remember that other guy who gave you shit about us being in his way when he was trying to work out his ankle on that roller-board thing? Good times. Good times. You almost homicided him. And you had my full support.

• MEEEEEEEEEP! | December 16, 2010 at 1:20 pm

T – just wait til you start doing pull-ups in there and they all stare at you like you’re awesome! seriously, apparently most non-crossfitters really think girls can’t do pull-ups.

and, you should get one of these timer things:
      you can program it for all kinds of different settings; i got one when we were doing tabata running during the marathon training. super convenient – and it even comes in pink! 🙂

~ Jen

• T | December 16, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Jen, I would delightfully show off my pull up ability, if only there was anything resembling a bar on which to pull myself up. Alas, no.

• Erez | December 16, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Most girls *can’t* do pull-ups. You guys, ‘er, girls, aren’t most girls.

3. rickyberi | December 16, 2010 at 12:28 pm

T,

Check out http://www.crossfitfahrenheit.com/

P.O.Box 440421, Shurooq Mirdif

Dubai, UAE

Mob: 971-504668333

crossfitfahrenheit@usa.com

4. jessykate | December 16, 2010 at 3:14 pm

hey T, maybe invite those guys to join you, then you’d have company to boot! 🙂

i’ve never seen that gymboss thing… looks kick ass for traveling.

5. tubameat | December 16, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I have me a gymboss and its great for road wodding. In addition to the pink color it has a rather pleasant vibration mode for those quieter wods when you don’t want that earsplitting beep. And T-bone, when you get looked at weird, you know you’re doin’ it right (unless it involves a big green stability ball and a 100lb dumbell).

SD