Thursday, February 3, 2011

1. T | February 3, 2011 at 8:15 am

CrossFit LifeSpark
    For time:
    4 rounds
    10 power cleans @ 66 lbs
    15 situps (with an abmat)
    20 dips from a box

9:39

This is a brand-new Dubai affiliate (no Mr. Abs Universe)- they’re coaching out of their car at the moment, so this morning it was just the coach and me, in a parking lot. Amusing, but different. Not exactly the group atmosphere I was looking for. Usually they have 3-5 people in a class, and they’re getting actual space (sortof – it’s a room in a school), so while I plan to keep following the MPH programming, I may join them occasionally, just to work out with other people. Plus, if I do decide to submit Sectionals tapes, they have all the equipment (I need to check on a bar where I can kip) and would probably agree to run the camera.

• Rob | February 3, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Does the coach at this new affiliate have crazy abs as well? I think that’s the only way I can approve the change.

2. Mrs. F | February 3, 2011 at 9:50 am

Yay Tamra! That’s a great time on the wod you did with the coach, and it’s really cool that you are still considering Sectionals. You know you have my support on that.

• T | February 4, 2011 at 12:02 am

Thanks, Ivy! I don’t think I have a chance of excelling on the Sectionals WODs, but I’m interested in the challenge.

3. b-kay | February 3, 2011 at 10:23 am

Josh O.: 15:08 (85-lbs.)
    David O.: 15:41 (75-lbs.)
    Ralph A.: 15:31 (70-lbs.)
    Robbie S.: 14:00 (70-lbs.)
    Brian T.: 13:45 (65-lbs.)
    Jessy C.: 14:09 (35-lbs.)
    Kris C.: 14:41 (45-lbs.)
    Jen M.: 14:12 (50-lbs.)
    Keena S.: 12:14 (35-lbs.)
    Borja G.: 16:09 (50-lb. dbs; sub: power clean)
    Alex H.: 15:50 (40-lb. dbs; sub: power clean)
    Michael F.: 15:43 (40-lbs. dbs; sub: power clean)
    Ted K.: 18:27 (35-lb. dbs; sub: power clean)
    Jeff T.: 15:31 (25-lb. dbs; sub power clean, mb squat)
    Set S.: 17:14 (35-lbs., 10-lbs.)
    Marco M.: 16:42 (55-lbs.)
    Dave R.: 15:22
    Cristian D.: 23:14 (45-lbs.)
    Tyson S.: 18:10 (45-lbs.; sub: mid-hang power clean, mb squat)
    Andrew R.: 15:12 (65-lbs.)
    Ryan A.: 16:08 (55-lbs.; sub: power clean)
    Marc H.: 20:47 (55-lbs., 14-lbs.; sub: power clean; 9 rounds)
    Mayra C.: 16:33 (45-lbs.; sub: wall squat)
    John M.: (45-lbs., 14-lbs.; sub: mid-hang power clean, mb squat)
    Jen O.: 15:54 (35-lbs.)
    Diana D.: 17:40 (25-lbs.; 10-lbs.)
    Chad F.: dnf
    JC L.: 18:01 (55-lbs.; sub: power clean)
    Matt C.: 20:19 (55-lbs.; sub: power clean)
    Meghan M.: 11:52
    Christy P. 12:39
    Sofia J.: 13:31 (35-lbs.; sub: mid-hang power clean, wall squat; 7 rounds)
    Jerry C.: 19:56 (45-lbs.; 8-ft. target; 7 rounds)
    Amy D.: 20:07 (45-lbs.; sub: power clean, wall squat)
    Jeff B.: 14:59 (55-lbs.)
    Rajesh N.: 15:25 (45-lbs.; sub: power clean, wall squat; 7 rounds)
    Leota B.: 16:52 (45-lbs.)
    Katherine C.: 15:08 (35-lbs.)
    Alissa G.: 17:16 (35-lbs.)
    Leigh T.: 17:34 (35-lb. dbs: power clean, wall squat)

• b-kay | February 3, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Notes for today:
      -floating wall ball substitution: thruster with 15/20-lb. dumbbells

4. christyphillips | February 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Hey guys!

SO- this Saturday, what I anticipated to be just some “friendly” competition between local crossfitters has now turned in to the much hyped, highly anticipated Potomac CrossFit Throwdown. Its a throwdown between 7 of us ladies in the area, it is unknown WOD(s) and no joke, they are looking for L1 certified individuals to judge.
    Its going to be from 5-7pm this Saturday night at PCF.
    If anyone is interested in helping out and judging, or just spectating for that matter, email me: tachristy(at)gmail.com and I will set it up. Thanks!

5. voidwhichbinds | February 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm

o hai

Out of the box: 22:45

Plus 10 POW burpees – can you say oxygen debt?

props again to my federal protective service colleagues for the use of their gym