Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fight Gone Bad 6 is on! Last year’s event was a blast, and today, the sixth annual fundraiser benefits the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Camp Patriot and The CrossFit Foundation.

• Please familiarize yourself with the rules of this event, then register here to join the CrossFit MPH team. You can donate to an MPH team member through Sportsgrants’ Facebook page!
  • Thank you to everyone who contributed to this cause already—support an MPH team member here!
    • Current roster: Melody, Teal B., Sidra C., Chris C., Michael F., Alissa G., Keith H., Rob K., Josh O., Keena S. and Leota T.

Fight Gone Bad!
three rounds:
wall ball @ 20/14-lbs. (reps)
sumo deadlift high-pull @ 75/55-lbs. (reps)
box jump, 20″ platform (reps)
push-press @ 75/55-lbs. (reps)
row (calories)

In this workout you will move from each of the five stations after one minute. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round, from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On the call of “rotate,” you must immediately move to the next station for the best score. One point is given for each repetition, except on the rower, where each calorie is one point.

This workout is scored by the total points.

Compare results to April 26, 2011.

workout courtesy of crossfit.com

1. Rob | September 17, 2011 at 10:07 am

Coaches, thank you for running such a great event!

• ivefive | September 17, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Hey Guys!!! Samir from CrossfitMPH, now http://www.crossfitamped.com in Seattle

FGB today 202. First time as Rx’d (Class A)!!

Hope all is well in D.C. Friends, come visit us in Seattle sometime soon.

2. coach | September 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Lisa C.: 239 (class b)
    Michael F.: 272 (class a)
    Rob K.: 316 (class a)
    Bill M.: 114 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b; 2 rounds)
    Glenn C.; 236 (class a)
    Benjamin T.: 203 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Mark Co.: 253 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Matt W.: 285 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Brad R.: 265 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Sidra C.: 199 (class b)
    Leota T.: 221 (sub: pushup, step-up; class b)
    Josh M.: 265 (class a)
    Kris C.: 213 (sub: 8-ft target, step-up; class b)
    Brian J.: 276 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Drew P.: 241 (class a)
    Tamra F.: 239 (sub: step-up; class b)
    Johnny A.: 248 (sub: squat; class b)
    Alissa G.: 209 (class b)
    Christy P.: 419 (class b)
    Mike S.: 328 (class a)
    Joe P.: 304 (class a)
    Jeremy N.: 286 (class a)
    Krishnan S.: 216 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Jim D.: 214 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Rocio Q.: 161 (10-lb wb, 15-lbs.; sub: mb squat, step-up; class d)
    Keena S.: 201 (sub: 8-ft target; class b)
    Chris C.: 250 (class a)
    Steve M.: 247 (class a)
    JC L.: 221 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Sean F.: 223 (class a)
    Kristen D.: 159 (10-lb wb, 35-lbs.; sub: mb squat; class c; 2 rounds)
    Brian T.: 235 (class a)
    Bill G.: 281 (class a)
    Keith H.: 292 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Matt H.: 224 (class a)
    Terry M.: 229 (14-lb. wb, 55-lbs.; class b)
    Mayra C.: 218 (sub: pushup step-up; class b)
    Thomas M.: 237 (class a)
    Set S.: 238 (10-lb. wb; class c)

• coach | September 17, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Notes for today:
      -10-ft target
      -Substitutions:
      Class A.: 20-lb. wb, 75-lb. sdhp, 75-lb. push press, 20″ platform
      Class B.: 14-lb. wb, 55-lb. sdhp, 55-lb. sdhp, 20″ platform
      Class C.: 8-lb. wb, 35-lb. sdhp, 35-lb. push press, 20″ platform (optional sub: step-up)
      Class D.: 4-lb. wb, 15-lb. sdhp, 15-lb. push press, 10″ platform (optional sub: 8ft target)

3. christyphillips | September 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Hey guys,

Today felt really good. In a way that hasn’t felt good in a while. Today I was reminded of what it takes to get the best out of myself and I wanted to share it here:

1. Embrace the nerves
    There is always a little more adrenaline when it is a named/known workout and particularly a notorious one like FGB. Adding to that is the fact that people across the country (and world) are all doing this same workout today. They are working their asses off and testing their limits too. I walked into MPH today and was so nervous, I couldn’t hold a conversation. Instead of thinking “this isn’t a good sign”, like I sometimes do, I thought “Use it!”.

2. Have a plan
    I wanted 400 and I knew I needed to do the math and figure out what it was going to take to get it. I needed over 30 reps on every station but rowing, every round. I told myself to shoot for 35. Critically important to having a plan is believing I can do it and committing to it. This is a constant battle for me and today I had to make a conscious choice not to give myself an out. I want to thank Sid for helping me with this. She was my counter and coach for the wod and she cared enough to ask- “what’s your goal?”. I told her 400 and didn’t qualify that remark like I often do. I consciously stopped myself from saying “but the last two years I got 363, so 37 reps is a lot of ground to make up”. I just said the goal, if it sounded unreasonable, who cares.

3. Get mad
    I was mad today. It started last night during dinner, subsided enough for me to relax and go to bed and then kicked in again this morning, drinking coffee and getting ready. I’m mad that I had gotten the same score on FGB for two years in a row. I’m mad that that score was LESS than the first time I ever did this workout. And I’m mad about being mad. I actually get angry at myself for beating myself up mid-way through a workout. Does that make sense? So today, I channeled it. Instead of that frustration coming out in negative speak and subsequent panic during the workout, I turned that mad feeling into cold, calculated anger. F wimping out, you’re tougher than that and F 363, you’re better than that.

-Christy

• alissa g. | September 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Amazing job today, Christy!

• T | September 17, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Christy,

Great words, thanks for sharing. Your attitude is inspiring, and you tore that workout up this morning.

• sidc | September 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Christy, you were amazing to watch because you just did not stop. Way to go after your goals and get it!

4. Mrs. F | September 17, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Missed you guys this morning! It looks like everyone tore it up and had fun, too. Great advice from Christy. Thanks for your insights. You know we often wonder how you do it.

5. Teal | September 17, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Took the MPH spirit to Atlas CrossFit in Chicago this morning. 205 reps (class b). And I was reminded never to underestimate the skinny girls – my partner posted 290 reps!

Miss you!