MPH will be closed on Saturday, December 14 for Riot recovery. We will resume a normal workout schedule on Monday, December 16.
Announcing the second MPH Paleo Challenge!
If you are looking to perform better in the gym, change your body composition, improve your energy or just feel more awesome, then this is for you!
It’s simple: participating athletes will pledge to eat a Paleo (aka real food) diet for 45 days. The specifics:
- When: January 3, 2014 to February 16, 2014
- Before the challenge:
- Register via the sign-up sheet in the gym—deadline is December 21 (please email us if you are already on travel)
- Take “before” photos and record starting weight and measurements: all at MPH
- Begin familiarizing yourself with Paleo nutrition concepts (online resources)
- During the challenge: your name will be displayed on a chart in the front of the gym, which will be marked daily—this will help maintain accountability for your nutritional choices, thereby increasing your rate of success (mandatory)
- After the challenge:
- Take “after” photos and record finishing weight and measurements: all at MPH
- Special considerations for the challenge (hey, we make the rules!):
- Protein shakes are valid (except vegetarian varieties like rice, hemp and other such grossness)
- Coffee and tea can be included, albeit not in egregious quantities
- Three servings of alcohol will be permitted per week; includes wine, hard liquor or beer, but not mixed drinks
- “Paleo treats” are not (ever!) okay; includes muffins, breads, “cereals” and other items loaded with agave, honey, and nut and coconut fats
Let’s go Paleo for the New Year!
Rest—for the next two days.
Leave a reply