The barbell bear complex consists, sequentially, of:
- power clean
- front squat
- push press
- back squat
- behind-the-neck push press
- then, return the bar to the ground for the next power clean
The movements may be modified, broken-up or combined in any way, so long as these parameters are met:
- The power clean starts at the ground and finishes at full hip extension. Squat cleans and/or a deadlift + hang power clean combination are acceptable.
- Squats must finish at, or below the parallel position and presses must finish locked-out overhead.
- Presses may be strict presses, push presses, or push jerks.
- Squats and presses can be distinct or combined into a thruster. However, you may not receive the clean in a (front) squat and move directly into a thruster—stand first.
- You may rest anywhere but on the floor, even to re-grip.
Compare results to November 21, 2013.
Post score to comments.